All of our classes are Basic Skills classes, which focus on the most foundational exercises to restore optimal muscle length and introduce your body to new motor skills. These are not “easy” classes or just for beginners, but classes that teach the essential motor skills every human machine should master.
FREE Intro to Alignment 1A Group Class
Monday, January 22nd, 6:00-7:00pm.
This is a free class for anyone who hasn’t had a 1A Intro Session or anyone who would like a refresher. Space is limited, so pre-registration is requested. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. This is a great way to introduce friends or loved ones to the foundational concepts of alignment. We offer these free classes on a quarterly basis.
Heal Your Sole: A Foot Workshop
Sunday, January 21st, 2-6pm.
Your feet are literally the foundation of your body and affect the alignment of the entire rest of your body (it’s true!). This 4-hour workshop will go over self-care for your feet, as well as instruction on simple exercises to improve the strength and mobility of the tissues and 33 joints of your tootsies. You will leave with a newfound appreciation and understanding of your precious feet and your feet will love you for the attention.
This workshop is appropriate for anyone wanting strong feet, a stable foundation, and to minimize foot deformities, bunions, hammer toes, plantar fasciitis, and foot pain and fatigue
Fee: $70, includes a copy of Whole Body Barefoot ($60 if you already own a copy)
Walk This Way: A Gait Basics Series
Sundays, February 11 – March 11th, 1-2pm
Learn the basics of healthy walking. Walking can be the most nutritious form of movement, nourishing joints, and maintaining strength and balance. We will work on the micronutrients and corrective exercises to improve your gait mechanics and we will put these into practice in real life walking.
Fee: $100 (SAVE! $150 if you sign up for both Heal Your Sole & Walk This Way)
Balance and Stability: Believe it or not, upper body strength is important to your health even if you never plan to swing across the monkey bars or hoist yourself up and over a wall. The health of your upper body affects your breathing, your core strength, your neck tension, and more! We’ll work on both the strength of the muscles of the upper body and the range of motion of the joints in the upper half- essentially everything above the pelvis.
Foundational Strength: Focusing on the parts from the pelvis/hips down, we’ll be working on improving joint health and muscle use around the hip and knee joints and the health and function of the pelvic floor especially, but in “The Lower Half”, feet to pelvis is fair game.
Core Health: Head to toe alignment is what it’s all about! Stretch and strengthen the whole body to improve circulation, reduce pain, build strength, and increase flexibility.
Change Your Moves: Intended for students who have taken the RES training course or who have been attending class for a minimum of six months, this advanced skills class will help expand students' awareness and capabilities and explore basic exercises with greater depth and subtlety. This will help paint more of the “bigger picture”.
Slow Weights: This class is a continuation of our mindful full body workout which focuses on moving with the breath. This class will really appeal to those of you who miss your "traditional" exercise class format, but still want to work in a way that promotes a healthy body and is restoring to your alignment. Benefits include improved stability, muscle toning, balance, and relaxation. We use very light weights (1-3lbs), and move from a stability ball (or chair) to standing to the floor and move slowly to create an almost zen-like experience that fools you into thinking you're not working very hard. After all, they're only 2lb weights! You'll love it!
Stretch It Out: Stretching just feels good. Right? But if you’ve been practicing restorative exercise for a long time, you might spend so much time hyperfocused on alignment points, that you miss out on some of the feel-good benefits of stretching all of your muscles around all of your joints. This class will leave you feeling open, relaxed, and mobile.
Strong and Supple Lower Body: This class will work with the major joints of the lower body. With regular attendance, you’ll improve your ability to squat, as well as improve the health of these major and commonly cranky joints!
Back to Basics: Core Strength. Spinal Mobility. They go together. We’ll work on this and all the other pieces that are connected- upper body, ribcage of course, hips, etc.
Whole Body Alignment: Head to toe alignment is what it’s all about! Stretch and strengthen the whole body to improve circulation, reduce pain, build strength, and increase flexibility.
- Please arrive a few minutes before class begins: This will give you time to gather your equipment for class, set up your mat, and will allow you to progress safely through class and get the greatest benefits, as well as avoid disrupting the instructor and your fellow students with your late arrival.
- Please bring your own mat to class. A sticky yoga mat is best, as it provides necessary traction during certain exercises.
- Please bring a water bottle.
We have all the equipment we use in class available for you, but you are welcome to bring your own half dome, block, strap, etc. if you prefer.
- NO Cell Phones: when you enter the building please set your cell phone to silent (not vibrate) and leave it in a cubby (or your car).
- Mat/Mirror Space: When setting up your mat before class, be conscientious of other students around you. Try to stagger your mats so that everyone has access to see themselves in the mirror.
- Clothing: Wear loose-fitting clothing that is comfortable to move in, but that covers well (too short or too loose shorts may not be the best choice). No shoes during class.
- Mat: Please take your mat home with you when you leave. Due to space and hygiene issues, we cannot store students’ mats. If you leave it in the studio, it automatically becomes a loaner.
- If you forget your mat, we do have some loaners. If you borrow a mat, please clean it when you are done.
- Scents: Please do not wear scented lotions or perfumes to class.
- Housekeeping: At the end of class, please clean all equipment you used and return it to its spot. Also clean any mirror space used to keep the mirrors fingerprint-free.
- IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP DURING CLASS, PLEASE ASK THE INSTRUCTOR. The most important things in class are that you are safe and that you are learning.